The wonderful hobby of koi keeping ! - Koi Forum
  • Koi Forum

Come join the conversation

The wonderful hobby of koi keeping !

General discussion about all things Koi
CraigKoiMan

The wonderful hobby of koi keeping !

Postby CraigKoiMan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:32 pm

Ok so I will start by saying hi ! My name is Craig...

I have not been on this forum all that long, I am now however trying to be active and respond to as many things and as many people as I can.

SO I have been keeping koi for some years now but have only recently started keeping LARGE koi or koi in large numbers if you like (about 3 years now) ... I now have big ponds and koi all sizes from fry right through to 58cm is my biggest.

My interest has grew massively within the last year since building a few more large ponds... I have managed to get some friends interested in the hobby too, Where I stay (South west of scotland) there are no good suppliers or koi breeders nearby, The best quality koi you could by near me is from Dobbies garden center koi which we all know... pretty poor quality ... bad health and over priced.

So I am now actually giving away some koi to new hobbyists to start out. I am also helping out with basic koi knowledge and the things that are required for koi keeping.

I have became friends with quite a number of people on this forum and with koi breeders worldwide. I am in the process of setting up my own local koi club for all koi enthusiasts
Unfortunately the demand in this area is not all that big.. But i hope to keep is growing and I hope to have some events this year to grow our name and profile.
We have some social media (instagram and Twitter) both @AyrshireKoiClub, I would appreciate all followers we gain from this post.
SO if you would be interested in joining this koi club it would be covering Britain simply to get the numbers for big events.
If you would be interested in joining or helping out with some of the events then please message me.
The events will be held within Britain and I plan to schedule some pretty soon once we get member numbers up and when...
We have a website live in a few weeks time.
I have spoken to a lot of japenese koi breeders in japan(and elsewhere and some will be selling the best quality koi available on our website.
(contact details below if you would be interested in featuring on the website)
For this website we would love to have some interviews with other koi enthusiasts to hear about good times, bad times, how they got into the hobby and so on...
I am available to message anytime for advice or help in anyway.
You can text me 07411 765 093
Or you can skype me Evony_Craig

Big thanks to everyone reading this
Craig
Ayrshire Koi Club

pete

Re: The wonderful hobby of koi keeping !

Postby pete » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Craig
I live a bit too far away from Ayr but I know the area well as my wife come from the South west of Scotland if you go to Facebook look for Tam Webster as he lives in Dalrymple :D

CraigKoiMan

Postby CraigKoiMan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:07 pm

pete wrote:Craig
I live a bit too far away from Ayr but I know the area well as my wife come from the South west of Scotland if you go to Facebook look for Tam Webster as he lives in Dalrymple :D

you are kidding ? I live in dalrymple too, Does he sell koi ? has he been looking for a koi club locally also?

pete

Postby pete » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:51 am

Craig
The best person to ask is Tam he is a great person to know with Tam you see what you see if you get in touch with Tam mention my name Pete from Essex

CraigKoiMan

Postby CraigKoiMan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:54 pm

pete wrote:Craig
The best person to ask is Tam he is a great person to know with Tam you see what you see if you get in touch with Tam mention my name Pete from Essex

I live 300 yards from Tam, he has just been over to see some fry I have... i also went and seen his setup.

Small world. Live near him and ... I worked with his grandson a few years back !

Return to “Koi Talk”