Come join the conversation

New Pond advice

General discussion about all things Koi
Cabes

New Pond advice

Postby Cabes » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:02 pm

Hi I'm Andrew new here
I inherited 3 15vinch koi and 4 big 12 inch gold fish and few baby goldys
I have recently finished my pond witch is 1.5 m deep at bottom drain shelved on 3 sides one shelf is metre square 2 foot under it. Pond is 2.4 metre wide by 4.2 long.
I have a 15000l box filter with uv I feed from a separation tank aslo, a 10000l box I use feeding waterfall.
Water still bit murky but I expect that as sent fair bit of mud in during building. It'll settle
Problay done somthing wrong or not done somthing. Anyone have advice. Is pond decent enough size??? How many more fish would be good?? . Thanks in advance regards andrew

Soragoi117

Re: New Pond advice

Postby Soragoi117 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:46 am

change your filtration if you want to keep koi . box filters are in adequate .

Return to “Koi Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Who Is Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Birthday

No birthdays today

Contact Us

Latest Koi Forum Posts

Re: Fence paint poisoning?
Today, 00:14 (3 replies)
The main chemical in there propanol1,2 Diol.
I'm actually a air scientist, so know a bit about air chemistry but limited on water based.
However most chemicals...

Re: Envii Nitrate Klear - Nitrate Remover Tablets...?
Yesterday, 20:10 (18 replies)

Re: Magazine sign up
26.06.2017, 12:54 (2 replies)
It used to be very much worth it but unfortunately Koi Carp magazine is no longer being printed so you won't be able to subscribe.
Manky
http://www.mankysanke.co.uk/assets/images/autogen/a_manky.jpg
Click...

Featured Videos

sdfsaf

Category: Filtration

Published on Dec 18, 2014 This Very Rare Kikokuryu Koi carp is a breath taking one of a kind fish. Shawn tells us a...

Category: Koi Shows

undefined

Category: Koi Breeders

sdf as

Category: Water Quality

Popular Koi Videos

Published on Jan 4, 2014 Don't let inexperienced contractors build backyard ponds until you do your homework. Ponds...

Category: Real Ponds

This footage shot in July/Aug 11 includes The Cambridge and The Essex Koi shows along with some surgery for ulcer...

Category: Koi Nerding
Category: Company/Product Advertisements

Koi Carp Magazine

Koi Carp Magazine is Britain's longest running monthly magazine on all things koi. Koi Carp magazine is now available in digital format and coming soon you will be able to access all the articles ever published in both Koi Carp and Koi magazine. So however you want to access Koi Carp and the expert advice we now have a solution for you. 

Koi Forum

Koi Forum is a great way of sharing your knowledge of koi and delving into a huge amount of existing content. Koi Forum is a dynamic, content rich forum with some of the best minds in the business regularly contributing.
Koi team, Jan 2013

Visit Koi Forum now and start the discussion today! Visit Koi Forum now and start the discussion today!

Contact Us

Tel +44 (0) 1929 459288
 Tel +44 (0) 1929 459182

Hours  Mon to Fri 9.30am to 4.00pm 

Email  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.