• Koi Forum

Come join the conversation

Koi Waterlife's Protein Shower

General discussion about all things Koi
mark74showa

Koi Waterlife's Protein Shower

Postby mark74showa » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi

I took delivery of a PS4 protein shower from koi waterlife centre last friday i have been toying with the idea of getting on ever since see them at drews place, so this season i went for it !

first impressions of the shower is that its a very well thought out and constructed piece of kit, it was a dream to connect up at the weekend and get running.

i have it running on my skimmer line through a hyrdoclean then over the shower, i had to go for the unit with a 110mm outlet as i have no room pond side so its piped back to the pond which is nice and quiet.

after getting it running making sure there was no leaks i have insulated it with celotex and cover with a reed screen to keep it warm.

lets see what the water quailty does alreadys seems clearer that could be just a higher turnover rate
mark
Attachments
Protein Shower PS4 Return (Small).jpg
Return and foam outlet
Protein Shower PS4 Return (Small).jpg (75.88 KiB) Viewed 1938 times
Protein Shower PS4 (Small).jpg
Shower running
Protein Shower PS4 (Small).jpg (69.59 KiB) Viewed 1938 times

Markjhobden

Re: Koi Waterlife's Protein Shower

Postby Markjhobden » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi Mark,
I was searching the other day and saw these units. Very interested to read how you get on because I wouldn't want it pond side (aesthetics and sound) bit in a filter house maybe differ story.

Though the output was a wide shower out like a bakki shower?

mark74showa

Postby mark74showa » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Markjhobden wrote:Hi Mark,
I was searching the other day and saw these units. Very interested to read how you get on because I wouldn't want it pond side (aesthetics and sound) bit in a filter house maybe differ story.

Though the output was a wide shower out like a bakki shower?

Hi Mark

its 300mm higer then the pond so the water get push out of the connect pipe which is under the water level in the pond running under the decking, this works a treat.

yes this style is new with a 110mm outlet pipe making it easy to site away from the pond and pipe back, they do wide wier as well as this like you i didn't want the noise.

mark

troyboy
Starting member
Starting member

Postby troyboy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi Mark

I'm also thinking about adding a protein shower on my skimmer line just wondering what media you are using ? what size pump? and how much waste has started to foaming out ?

thank's kevin

mark74showa

Postby mark74showa » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:05 pm

troyboy wrote:Hi Mark

I'm also thinking about adding a protein shower on my skimmer line just wondering what media you are using ? what size pump? and how much waste has started to foaming out ?

thank's kevin

Hi Kevin

I have 40 Ltrs of K1 in the top tray and grog in the bottom running an Eco 8800 at the moment but will up this later to a 13000 or 15000 no foam yet as not been feeding much but the water is clearer, you can't go wrong it's top quality

Mark

troyboy
Starting member
Starting member

Postby troyboy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:58 pm

Hi Kevin

I have 40 Ltrs of K1 in the top tray and grog in the bottom running an Eco 8800 at the moment but will up this later to a 13000 or 15000 no foam yet as not been feeding much but the water is clearer, you can't go wrong it's top quality

Mark[/quote]

Thank's Mark

i'm hoping to go and see Drew soon and have a chat about PS3 for my pond .
just wondering if anyone else runs one and what there thoughts are ?

Kevin

James Pond

Postby James Pond » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:08 pm

I would keep checking the K1, it's a terrible shower media as it traps loads of sh't even when prefiltered.

mark74showa

Postby mark74showa » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:33 pm

James Pond wrote:I would keep checking the K1, it's a terrible shower media as it traps loads of sh't even when prefiltered.

Thanks will do, got a hyrdoclean filter in front with a 100 micro screen hopefully should be ok

Mark

bluefish67
Starting member
Starting member

Postby bluefish67 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi Mark
Any more news or pic's on how the new shower is performing.
Was that a custom made unit, with a 4'' outlet or part of the range they now sell.

Cheers mark

mark74showa

Postby mark74showa » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:24 pm

bluefish67 wrote:Hi Mark
Any more news or pic's on how the new shower is performing.
Was that a custom made unit, with a 4'' outlet or part of the range they now sell.

Cheers mark

Hi mark

Yes all is good with the shower I have removed some of my old pipe work and replaced it with now 2" got more flow going through and the water ready is starting to all different it may just be the extra turn over going through the per filter but its go that after clay sparkle

The 110mm outlet is an extra that they are offering now you can have it where ever you like ether side or on the front or all.

Mark

bluefish67
Starting member
Starting member

Postby bluefish67 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Hi Mark
A month in now so how is the protein shower doing?
is it performing as it says on the box and can you see the difference :?:

cheers mark

mark74showa

Postby mark74showa » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:41 am

bluefish67 wrote:Hi Mark
A month in now so how is the protein shower doing?
is it performing as it says on the box and can you see the difference :?:

cheers mark

Hi Mark

Yes all going well protein shower works great bubbles loads of thick green scum on the outlet and the pond water look fantastic, got a bigger flow pump coming now to get even more water over it i feel i am not pushing it hard enough so 15000 ltr is on the cards.

As for water perameters well all zero even nitrate which is good not feeding that heavy yet pond sat at 16C and feed going up :)

Very pleased with it, lets see how it settles in this season

mark

mark74showa

Postby mark74showa » Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi

Update ok pump changed over to a 13000 ltr and took off the hyrdoclean as it was restricting the flow to much loads going over it now only have two swept elbows from the pump now too, not much foam yet but still early days on the feeding front, have had some nice thick green bubbles from the outlet water looks good fish love the extra flow and current

Mark

Andy71070
Starting member
Starting member

Postby Andy71070 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:41 am

mark74showa wrote:Hi

Update ok pump changed over to a 13000 ltr and took off the hyrdoclean as it was restricting the flow to much loads going over it now only have two swept elbows from the pump now too, not much foam yet but still early days on the feeding front, have had some nice thick green bubbles from the outlet water looks good fish love the extra flow and current

Mark

Hi Mark

Is the protein shower living up to expectations
Only asking as I'm considering one

Cheers
Anby

Return to “Koi Talk”