Charity Appeal - Kilimanjaro Climb - Koi Forum
  • Koi Forum

Come join the conversation

Charity Appeal - Kilimanjaro Climb

Raising funds is difficult whether its for your club or charities like Cancer Research UK. Share & Swap ideas and make more money here!
Stany

Charity Appeal - Kilimanjaro Climb

Postby Stany » Wed May 22, 2013 8:18 am

In September this year I am going to be attempting to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro – Africas highest peak to raise a £2200 target to be donated to The Christie Cancer Research - Manchester, of which I have currently raised £950 through charity
work since September 2012. This total will then be matched pound for pound by Barclays, resulting in at least a £4400 charity donation to the Christie. The expedition will start in the Lemosho Glades at 1981 meters; hopefully summit after 6 days at 5895 meters
before descending back down and flying home on day 13.

The reason I am undertaking this challenge is very simply to raise a huge amount of money for Charity but I do also have a personal link to The Christie, as they cared for my best friend in 2008 who sadly passed away from Leukaemia. It
is a fact that 1 in 3 people will be diagnosed with cancer in the UK in their lives which shows that I am not the only one with a personal link to cancer research but odds have it that every one of us knows someone close who has or will be affected in the
future.

This is a link to the specific challenge I will be starting on 04/09/2013, if you have a minute then read through some of the blog from Elise as its very motivating!:

http://www.eliseforlife.org/?page_id=844“On 4th January 2010, Elise was diagnosed with cancer. It was rare in its presentation of the disease, and caught us completely unaware. Elise battled courageously for 9 months with this dreadful
illness and her legacy is this appeal, set up by her, in her name, for the treatment, care and support of others.”We need your help, and have set up this appeal to raise £1m for The Christie hospital.Target:
£1million
Total so far: £641,426.01 

If anyone would like to make a donation towards this cause, however small it may be then please, please do! The easiest way to do this is via my
JustGiving page: http://www.justgiving.com/adam-staniforth

Thankyou very much for reading, any and all help, guidance and support will be very gratefully received!!

Stany

Re: Charity Appeal - Kilimanjaro Climb

Postby Stany » Fri May 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Hmm didn't get many views :cry:

Stany

Postby Stany » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Well all, I successfully made it to the summit! Harder than I could ever believe!

kayoss

Postby kayoss » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:17 pm

Hi Adam

Well done mate, great effort!

Just donated via your just giving page, but you might want to post the link again as the one on your old post doesn't work - some people might be put off donating if the link doesn't work.

Cheers

Bob

Stany

Postby Stany » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:19 pm

Thank you very much bob!

I will do, thanks again

Stany

Postby Stany » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Stany wrote:In September this year I am going to be attempting to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro – Africas highest peak to raise a £2200 target to be donated to The Christie Cancer Research - Manchester, of which I have currently raised £950 through charity
work since September 2012. This total will then be matched pound for pound by Barclays, resulting in at least a £4400 charity donation to the Christie. The expedition will start in the Lemosho Glades at 1981 meters; hopefully summit after 6 days at 5895 meters
before descending back down and flying home on day 13.

The reason I am undertaking this challenge is very simply to raise a huge amount of money for Charity but I do also have a personal link to The Christie, as they cared for my best friend in 2008 who sadly passed away from Leukaemia. It
is a fact that 1 in 3 people will be diagnosed with cancer in the UK in their lives which shows that I am not the only one with a personal link to cancer research but odds have it that every one of us knows someone close who has or will be affected in the
future.

This is a link to the specific challenge I will be starting on 04/09/2013, if you have a minute then read through some of the blog from Elise as its very motivating!:

http://www.eliseforlife.org/?page_id=844“On 4th January 2010, Elise was diagnosed with cancer. It was rare in its presentation of the disease, and caught us completely unaware. Elise battled courageously for 9 months with this dreadful
illness and her legacy is this appeal, set up by her, in her name, for the treatment, care and support of others.”We need your help, and have set up this appeal to raise £1m for The Christie hospital.Target:
£1million
Total so far: £641,426.01 

If anyone would like to make a donation towards this cause, however small it may be then please, please do! The easiest way to do this is via my
JustGiving page: 

Www.justgiving.com/adam-staniforth

Thankyou very much for reading, any and all help, guidance and support will be very gratefully received!!

Return to “FUNDRAISING FOR GOOD CAUSES”