FREE TO GOOD HOME - Page 5 - Koi Forum
  • Koi Forum

Come join the conversation

FREE TO GOOD HOME

Trade your Koi and equipment in our readers' ad section
mekon

Re: FREE TO GOOD HOME

Postby mekon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:06 am

Does anyone have any room for any golden orfe? Free too a good home. I have 2 at roughly 14" and about a dozen 3 year olds.

My orfe spawned 3 years ago and i decided it would be a good idea to see if i could rear the fry. So i removed some of the eggs blah blah blah....I ended up with about 100 baby orfe....and nowhere to put them !

The original plan was to sell them on for a bit of pocket money but i got quite attached to them and didn't want to let them go to just anyone. So i tried to find a good home for them instead.

Next door were building a pond so he took some off my hands.

A lady at work said she would have them. I knew she had a pond at the bottom of her garden so i gave her some. It's actually more of a small lake than a pond so i thought it was problem solved.

I took about 20 over but a week or so later she told me most had died ! I'm not sure why as mine and next doors were all fine. She did admit that her husband had put weed killer on the garden and the pond is at the bottom of a slope.

Other people volunteered to have them but i would always ask three questions....how big is your pond? what filtration have you got running? what happened to your other fish?

You'd be amazed at some of the replies. Compared to you guys i know very little but what some of the people told me made my mind boggle. E.g. It doesn't need a filter because the rain water is directed into the pond or the heron ate them all.

I talked my friend into building a pond and he took a few off me but i couldn't find a good home for the rest.

So i gave up and decided to make my pond bigger. So i did and they grew. So i made it bigger still and they grew more.

I feel like the bloke in Fantazia where the mops keep splitting into two.

Last week, i put an advert on our staff intranet and someone contacted me to say they had a 12 metre long pond at the bottom of their garden. At last i had found them a home. So yesterday i went to have a look and the pond is natural and HUGE but.....there was a dead goldfish floating on the top. A lack of oxygen in the warm weather possibly?

So, i don't know what to do now.

Any suggeations?

Maybe i shoulda just put "Anyone want any orfe" rather than typing all that out but i wanted to let people know that i have already tried to re-home them.

Thanks for reading.

Oh and i'm willing to bring them to you.

Mel J
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mel J » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:06 pm

What is your location mate ?

I know someone who was after some last year and has a big well filtered pond but not sure if he is still looking for any .

If your local ish i can ask for you .

Harryca

Postby Harryca » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:26 pm

If anyone is looking to re-home their koi in the wirral/Liverpool area please either pm me or contact me on 07766089563!
I have a 20,000 litre filtered koi pond and I will take any fish!

Della23

Postby Della23 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi there I'm looking for koi I'n stevenage or hertfordshire area

david_a

Postby david_a » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Couple free to good home, the small asagi type one and the showa/sanke (never know the difference) Small one is ~8" other 10-12"

david_a

Postby david_a » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Edit to add collection only, Farnborough hampshire, Next to the M3 Junction 4 post code area GU14

jds
Starting member
Starting member

Postby jds » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:34 pm

PM sent.
Regards
John

Dave22

Postby Dave22 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Free 10" pod carbon filters. One is the granule filter and the other the 'solid' one - stage 2 and 3. These are unopened and unused.

This is not the pods - just the cartridges.

FREE TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COLLECT - 5 MINS FROM J25 M1 - near Derby.

CheekyTancho

Postby CheekyTancho » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:54 am

Hi guys..Will post this in the free section but thought id get more views if i made a thread..

I have some tropicals that I need to get rid of, not asking for any money, just to go to a good home

Based in Twickenham, SW London

I have going...

2 x Golden algae eater (not sure on proper name)
3 x albino corys
6 x Cardinal Tetas
1 x Harlequin Rasbora
loads of Red Cherry shrimps, probably about 20. they breed constantly
also 3 (i think assassin snails) great at getting rid of the pesky small ones

You can also have, 3 moss balls
a nice bit of bog wood that will need a clean up
and any plants...may be difficult as they are pretty well rooted. But sure we can figure that out...

All im keeping is the fitler, heater, and tank itself..
Everything inside it needs to go!!!

Many thanks

Mike

kirksti

Postby kirksti » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Butlyl liner .75mm thick. Used in my old 11ft by 8ft oval pond. So guite big and heavy. Has a hole for bottom drain and skimmer. Was removed with care so no more rips or tears. Cost around 300 when new. Only removed as made pond bigger. Ideal for someone starting out. Old pond was around 2300 gallons. FREE to collector.

Pick up from Reigate surrey.

Also have a blue argonaught external pump. £50

dazzafjr1300

Postby dazzafjr1300 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:55 pm

hi all my sons just done his pond and put every penny spare on it apart from my spare pump and uv and I got him a multi bay filter good old dad
he is looking for any thing free to get his hobby started goldfish koi that you just cant give space he has 1000 gallons and with my knowledge any fish will be well looked after
he has had his eyes on my koi but no way I am letting them go way to much money spent on my babies to let go he is Ipswich on the pinewood I am kesgrave
cheers

Dave22

Postby Dave22 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Waders. (thigh)

Maver size 9.

These are about 10 years old but feel like new - nice and soft. They were only worn 3 times, and have always been stored in a new dry garage hanging upside down. So...... they shouldnt leak - but I havent tested them.

Collect or I may post at cost to you.

Cheers.

gpbutton@yahoo.com

Postby gpbutton@yahoo.com » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi all,

We have recently moved to a house not far from brighton with a large pond. It has a large aka matsuba (over 20inches), another white fish about 12inches and a few smaller fish in it. We would like to give them to a collector. Is anyone interested?

Here's a picture of the aka matsuba

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23392827@N07/

If anyone is they will need to help catch them and transport them.

Thanks

Gavin

jds
Starting member
Starting member

Postby jds » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:11 pm

You have a PM.
Regards

kirksti

Postby kirksti » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:28 pm

kirksti wrote:Butlyl liner .75mm thick. Used in my old 11ft by 8ft oval pond. So guite big and heavy. Has a hole for bottom drain and skimmer. Was removed with care so no more rips or tears. Cost around 300 when new. Only removed as made pond bigger. Ideal for someone starting out. Old pond was around 2300 gallons. FREE to collector.

Pick up from Reigate surrey.

Also have a blue argonaught external pump. £50

I still have this if anyones interested..

Koifishcake
Starting member
Starting member

Postby Koifishcake » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:36 pm

Very kind offer but sadly to far away

ireland1
Starting member
Starting member

Postby ireland1 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:11 pm

Shame your too far from me John

woznotwos

Postby woznotwos » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:12 am

I have a common carp about 16 inch long that needs to find a new home , has always been outdoors , need the space for my new fish. Pick up from fleckney le8 8tz. Bags and boxes needed, thanks Warren.

woznotwos

Postby woznotwos » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:55 pm

KOI NOW COLLECTED , NICE TO MEET YOU ROSS :D

oddbod

Postby oddbod » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:06 pm

I've got 3 large goldfish , anyone want them , may even deliver if not to far away . Will try to get some pics.

Return to “Buy/Sell”