colombo kh plus - Koi Forum
  • Koi Forum

Come join the conversation

colombo kh plus

General discussion about all things Koi
david clennan

colombo kh plus

Postby david clennan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:55 pm

Anybody use the Colombo kh plus could help me on how much to use per 1000 gallons and do you just mix with pond water not warm tap water

bdkoi

Re: colombo kh plus

Postby bdkoi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:26 pm

just use Bi carb...

cheap

Manky Sanke

Re: colombo kh plus

Postby Manky Sanke » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:46 am

As BD says, the simplest and least expensive way to raise KH is to use sodium bicarbonate. Whatever means is used to raise KH it shouldn't be raised too quickly to avoid the fish suffering from hardness shock so the correct safe dose is 30 grams per 1,000 litres per day. I've explained more about this in the Koi University pages on my website. These are advanced articles so they get a bit technical towards the end but the first two headings "pH and KH" and "Hardness shock" should give you all the explanation you need:

http://www.mankysanke.co.uk/html/alkalinity.html

Return to “Koi Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who Is Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Birthday

No birthdays today

Contact Us

Latest Koi Forum Posts

UltraSieve III
Yesterday, 12:16 (1 reply)
Complete with lid, stainless steel screen. Pipework and valves also available if required. The Sieve is in very good condition. This pre-filter is the...

SUPERBEAD FILTER for 8,000 gallons
22.10.2017, 20:47 (1 reply)
Complete with media and pipe connectors. Additional pipework also available if required. This filter is in excellent condition and the best filter I have...

36" Carbon Water Purifier
16.10.2017, 11:20 (1 reply)
36" water purifier containing activated carbon, complete with pre-filter.
No longer required as I've closed down my pond.
Very heavy so collection...

Featured Videos

sdfsaf

Category: Filtration

undefined

Category: Koi Breeders

Published on Dec 18, 2014 This Very Rare Kikokuryu Koi carp is a breath taking one of a kind fish. Shawn tells us a...

Category: Koi Shows

Published on Jan 4, 2014 Don't let inexperienced contractors build backyard ponds until you do your homework. Ponds...

Category: Real Ponds

Popular Koi Videos

Published on Jan 4, 2014 Don't let inexperienced contractors build backyard ponds until you do your homework. Ponds...

Category: Real Ponds

This footage shot in July/Aug 11 includes The Cambridge and The Essex Koi shows along with some surgery for ulcer...

Category: Koi Nerding
Category: Company/Product Advertisements

Koi Forum

Koi Forum is a great way of sharing your knowledge of koi and delving into a huge amount of existing content. Koi Forum is a dynamic, content rich forum with some of the best minds in the business regularly contributing.
Koi team, Jan 2013

Visit Koi Forum now and start the discussion today! Visit Koi Forum now and start the discussion today!

Contact Us

Email  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.